Rainy summer day


When mentioning summer in Saigon, I don't think anyone can forget the rains. Rains are the best, but the same time the worst thing that could happen here. You'll wanna enjoy the cool weather and the intense rain through the window of your coffee shop while eating fresh vanilla ice cream, but not when you hurriedly put on your raincoat on the street. Rains are also the perfect reason to get stuck with your favorite person somewhere, preferably with good 50s music. I once went to the zoo after the rain and decided to buy a cotton candy as reminiscence of my childhood, but instead of eating it, I watched the candy melt on the stick as the humidity in the zoo was too much for my sweet to handle.

I was having trouble with taking photos again. I have a fast rebound rate when it comes to photographic demotivations lately. I went on the entire 3-day trip to the beach with my class and couldn't take one decent photo to show, probably because we were travelling to Phan Thiet, and I did quite an established shoot here with lots of portraits that I was truly satisfied with. Nevertheless, I got my tan and spent quality time with my friends, which was what mattered the most. I've only got one solid year before finishing my university life, and it seems so fast already. Next thing I know, I'm probably gonna bury my head in books and books preparing for my thesis or bust my butt doing internship and not have a nick of time to even think about blogging and daydreaming. Being an adult seems sooo hard already.

So, introducing Jenny for the first time on my blog. Her work are mostly in film, and she is the main influence for me to get a film camera at the moment. Follow her on instagram as @jenjennyny to observe more of her awesome film works.











Location: Cakes & Ale, 23 Ly Tu Trong St., Dist. 1, HCMC
Photos taken by Jenny and me.

1 comment: