Thammasat day #1



Hello from Thailand!

I am terribly sorry for the serious lack of posting lately. Senior year really got to me, can’t believe the first time I’m able to sit down and write a proper blog post is on my bed at the guest house of Thammasat University in Thailand.

I applied for the program, not for one second thinking that I’d be chosen. But by some weird miracle, here I am, in my pjs writing a blog post about my first day and preparing for the opening ceremony tomorrow.

I arrived at the Suvarnabhumi airport at around 12 at noon, waited for a ridiculously long time at the check-in line with a 283kg bag on my shoulder. After all of the painful waiting was done I got picked up to the uni by the staff team, with 2 more friends from Cambodia. First impression: Thai girls are sooo beautiful, like for real.


walking around the campus with dried leaves under your feet is definitely something to remember

In the afternoon we had a short trip to the students’ market near the Institute of East Asian Studies in Thammasat Uni. According to the (beautiful) Thai volunteer that took us there, this isn’t the best time to visit the market, because the uni’s on break and there’s not many students left around here. Still the food variety was interesting, I got hyperactive (naturally) and wanted to try everything. I’ve done quite a lot of articles about Thai food, but haven’t once had a chance to see them in real life, so I guess my reactions are understandable.







the beautiful beautiful Thai volunteer that showed us around today






dinner!!!

In the evening we hung out at this coffee shop, where everyone kind of had a chance to talk to each other and, guess what, have some more food. They have chocolate lava cake here, how awesome is that?!?! Naturally I took in a LOT of sweetened food, and got even more hyperactive than I was before.



this one's especially for the piggy

And the dogs in Thailand always seem to be sleepy, no idea why. 




OK, time for bed. More updates tomorrow. Have a nice week everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment