Thammasat day #5 - Ayutthaya




Sawadikap earthlings,

It doesn't feel like 8 days doesn't it? I'm already back in Saigon, enjoying the coolest time of the year in this city as the temperature dropped to only 18 degrees this morning. Pretty ideal isn't it?

I still have so so many photos to show you guys, mostly from our field trips to the historical places in and around Bangkok. Today's post is about the day we visited the Bang Pa-In Palace and the ancient city Ayutthaya. I've always been fascinated by cities that have a touch of classic in it, that's why it's natural how Ayutthaya blew me away. The entire city consists of temple ruins, and just exploring the temples alone would take at least a week. I wouldn't mind if I had a chance to be in Thailand again, and stayed in Ayutthaya for one whole week, then rented a bicycle and rode it around the city. The weather was really nice that day, quite windy and a little chilly. I climbed up to one of the highest temples and just simply had to take a moment to take everything in. When you're sitting at the height of 10 meters, with such narrow steps under your feet and surrounded by the view of an ancient city, you will be able to shut your brain for a while and just feel. Just imagine reading your favorite book and listening to your favorite song while sitting at a place overlooking such a view, you'll wanna think different about life.

Maybe I did exaggerate it a bit, but seeing things while traveling just opens your eyes, sometimes in a way you don't want to, but other times in a way that makes you feel thankful. For such a long time I used to hold my trip to Russia as the best trip I've had in life, and some people say it's not good to have a "perfect" trip as by doing so, you're blocking yourself from enjoying the other trips. I won't deny my trip to Russia was head over heels awesome, but as you grow older, your perception of traveling changes, and the change helps you to bring home more, much more than just souvenirs and name cards from friends.

I'm sitting in a café drinking jasmine tea and watching the candle that's heating my teapot burning, making such a beautiful and warm color that just makes you feel happy. I don't normally feel innocently happy, but I guess when the moment comes, you just have to enjoy it to its best.
























 Bonus: Every afternoon at 4pm the dogs have a ritual of lying on the ground waiting for someone to pet them.

No comments:

Post a Comment