Dalat day I


So sorry for the lack of updates last month. In fact, nothing much happened last month that was worth taking photos anyways. I was behind a pile of deadlines and tests, and until the night before our trip I still had so freaking much work to do that for a moment there I thought I wasn't going to be able to enjoy this trip.

The trip overall was really nice. It's so relaxing to get away from the heat of Saigon for a little while. Whilst the papers are pulling headlines like "Saigon is unbearably blazing hot", I was enjoying the breeze and the temperate climate of Dalat. It's amazing how the air of a place can change your photos so much. Someone once told me when the air is clean, the photos always turn out better. I was so satisfied with how mine turned out, it's transparent in a way that I'll never get them to do when I take photos in the city. It's also very relaxing to stay in a city that is covered with nature. Living with concretes and cement for such a long time, I never could know how good it feels to be somewhere full of trees and lakes and waterfalls. I'd really love to spend time here again, if I have a chance.

So, on the first day we decided to take a walk around Xuan Huong lake. Last time I was here, the lake was emptied and looked hideous, therefore I had no impression about it. This time, the lake is back to its original state, and was so beautiful with the hill and all of the trees and the small coffee shop with white tables and chairs that only adds a charm to this beautiful sight. We also visited a Japanese-styled pagoda nearby when the walk had worn us out a little bit, it was up on a small hill with lines of pines alongside. Comparing to pagodas that are cramped into small alleys that are almost always filled with people, this wins so many times.

I'll divide the posts into days of my trip, so that you won't get so puzzled at the amount of photos as I have so many of them that I want to share. If you're in Vietnam, happy Independence Day, if not, happy Thursday wherever you are :D
















No comments:

Post a Comment